Friday, February 22, 2013

Trainings this week

I went to two good trainings this week.  One was a work-life balance training (that I missed some of), but the other was Maura Cullen.

http://diversityquickflicks.com/

You can get a sneak peak at the URL above, but the presentation was fantastic.  I wasn't totally comfortable the whole time, but honestly I think that's healthy.  Her topics of diversity and inclusion were timely and help those of us who work directly with students (or train/manage those who do).

Gen Y -- coming into the workplace.  It's a challenge, and I don't agree with all of the strategies out there.  Modifying how we do business to better integrate them seems weird.  But in 20 years they'll all be in charge and will make the changes for us.  I've never felt "behind" before, but I guess I am.  No facebook.  No twitter.  I like email.  I lose texts.  I don't leave my GPS on 24/7 on my smartphone.  I'm not the mayor of anyplace ... except maybe my office.

Thanks Maura.  It was a great presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment